by Dr. A.H. Nezami at Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center
Our eyebrows and forehead play an important role in facial aesthetics and emotional expression; the eyebrows alone can clearly communicate happiness, surprise, and anger. When expressing anger, we actively pull our eyebrows downward. Unfortunately, the natural aging process and other medical factors can pull our eyebrows downward as well, unintentionally communicating anger and fatigue.
Surgical brow lift or forehead lift can correct drooping brows, smooth horizontal forehead lines and restore a more natural, youthful expression. The plastic surgeon can reposition the eyebrows by lifting and tightening the forehead. Forehead lift surgery can be performed in conjunction with eyelid surgery, but in some patients, the forehead lift might be sufficient, and the patient will not need upper eyelid surgery altogether.
The incisions for forehead lift surgery are hidden within the patient's hair and are not visible.
Forehead lift surgeries are performed in our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center. Our surgical suite is accredited by the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities. We work exclusively with board-certified MD anesthesiologists who administer all appropriate anesthesia and sedation. This allows the plastic surgeon to concentrate entirely on the details of the surgery in order to reduce the risk of complications. Dr. Nezami's meticulous approach to forehead lift surgery requires two to three hours.
The recovery pain associated with forehead lift surgery is tolerable, and while the patient may experience some tightness and discomfort, these symptoms can be easily controlled with medication. For two to three days after surgery, patients are advised to elevate their heads, especially while sleeping, in order to alleviate swelling. Side sleeping is not recommended during this period. Numbness on the top of the head may occur, but will gradually dissipate. Dr. Nezami will remove the sutures seven to twelve days following the surgery, and patients can return to work ten to fourteen days following the surgery.
The best candidates for forehead lift surgery are non-smoking patients in good general health. Most of our forehead lift patients are age forty or older.
- Insurance companies do not cover the cost of cosmetic surgery.
- In order to achieve the youthful result you want, you may need to undergo blepharoplasty in conjunction with forehead lift surgery.
- After your brow lift surgery, your cheeks and eyelids may appear bruised. Typically, this bruising disappears in ten days.
- The day after surgery, you will be able to shower from the neck down. Five days after surgery, when your bandage is removed and head is washed in our office, you will be allowed to return to your normal showering routine.
- You may begin with light exercise one week following your forehead lift surgery; however, you should wait two to three weeks before engaging in vigorous exercise.
- We advise our patients to arrange for transportation from home to our office, followed by two days of in- home supervision.
- For forehead lift surgery, Dr. Nezami's board certified MD anesthesiologist uses either general anesthesia or IV sedation together with a local anesthetic.
We work with several companies that offer our patients convenient financing at the most competitive rates available. In most cases, patients can obtain approval within 24 hours.