Over time, most of us develop furrows and wrinkles on our forehead and between our eyebrows that gives us an angry look. The good news is that there is a simple and very effective treatment for it. Botox injections have been administrated safely for more than ten years. Botox injections weaken the muscles causing the wrinkles to soften or disappear.
In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, Dr. Nezami carefully evaluates the facial muscles that need to be treated and he develops a specific program for the patient. Each patient has his or her own chart and a Botox injection sheet where the exact point of injections and number of units is carefully recorded. The results obtained and adjustments needed are carefully written down on patient’s chart. The exact charting is essential to refer to in obtaining the same excellent result each time. In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, we are interested in maintaining a long term relationship with our patients by providing excellent result.
Dr. Nezami performs the Botox injection himself. The procedure takes 15 minutes. The Botox injection does not need anesthesia or sedation. The discomfort is minimal. The effect of the Botox injection is visible 4-7 days after injection and it will last 3 to 4 months. In order to prevent bruising, we ask our patients to avoid taking aspirin, ibuprofen or any anti-inflammatory medication 10 days before their Botox injection.
To see additional before and after photo, visit our Botox gallery.
Cost of Botox Injection: In Jacksonville market the price of Botox is quoted between $8.00 to $16.00 per unit. In order to make an informed decision and adequate comparison patients need to ask the following questions:
• Who performs the injection: a Board certified Plastic Surgeon, a nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or other specialty physician.
• How many units are injected?
• Dilution of botulinum toxin A with normal saline is an important factor in the pricing of Botox injections. Too much dilution will reduce the concentration of the product and the effects will be more spread out and could affect other muscles.
New technology allows patients to preview how they will look with aesthetic procedures
JACKSONVILLE, FL- If you are one the thousands of people each year considering aesthetic plastic surgery,Jacksonville Cosmetic SurgeryCenter has some good news for you. Recent advances in three dimensional (3D) photography combined with revolutionary new software allow prospective patients to preview what they will look like as the result of breast augmentation, facial procedures, and more, well in advance of any surgery.
Both the VECTRA® 3D camera and Sculptor software which make this possible were developed by Canfield Imaging Systems, the world’s leading provider of medical photography systems. The process starts with a VECTRA 3D session which produces a three-dimensional photograph of the patient. Then, using Sculptor software, the surgeon is able to simulate the expected results of a variety of aesthetic procedures.
Jacksonville cosmetic surgery center is the only practice in Jacksonville and surrounding area offering this new technology. If you are thinking of having breast augmentation, you ought to take advantage of this imaging to help you select the correct size implant proportionate to your body
“My patients absolutely love this,” said Dr. A.H. Nezami. “For the first time, they’re able to see a 3D picture of themselves with their new look. Because it’s in 3D, I can rotate their picture to any viewpoint and they can really examine the desired result. We can make changes here and there and agree on a final look in advance, and this truly helps them make a decision”.
Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center has been serving Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beaches and Ponte Vedra since 1981, offering professional, personalized medical care in Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Dr. A.H. Nezami is a board certified Plastic Surgeon and is available for consultations by appointment at (904)399-5061.
The effect of Botox cosmetic injection appears quickly within 3 to 7 days. Repeated treatment is needed to maintain the benefits of Botox cosmetic, typically within 3 to 4 months.
Botox needs zinc to work properly. Knowing this fact, Oculoplastic surgeon, Dr. Charles Soparkar and his team in a pilot clinical study compared the effectiveness of Botulinum Toxin injections (Botox, Myobloc, or Dysport) with either zinc citrate 50 mg plus phytase 3,000 PU, zinc gluconate 10 mg, or placebo supplementation in individuals being treated for blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm, and cosmetic wrinkles. “Surprisingly, the results showed that in over ninety percent of the patients studied, the zinc/phytase combination resulted in a remarkable improved responsiveness to treatment of blepharospasm using the same amount of Botulinum toxin as previously used,” said Soparkar, M.D. “The toxins seemed to have greater effect and last longer. Potentially, this could mean using less toxin, offering patients financial savings, greater safety, and more consistent results.” This study was recently published: Effect of dietary zinc and phytase supplementation on botulinum toxin treatments. J Drugs Dermatology 2012 Apr 1; 11(4):507-12.
ZYTAZE™ is a prescription nutritional supplement manufactured by OCuSOFT. Each capsule contains Zinc Citrate 25 mg and Phytase 1500 mg. ”Two capsules daily for four days prior to and on the day of receiving botulinum toxin injections. Each prescription package contains 10 capsules. ZYTAZE™ may be taken during meals or snacks, but avoid taking ZYTAZE™ within two hours of other medications and / or supplements. ZYTAZE™ is a medical food and is intended to be used under the supervision of a physician.” For answers to frequently asked questions and more information about the product, please visit http://www.zytaze.com/faq
Botox injection has become one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Botox injection has no downtime, the effect can be seen in 4 to 7 days and is relatively painless. Botox is primarily used on frown lines, crow’s feet, laugh lines, forehead lines and pebble chin or to reduce sweating under armpits. It can be also used to decrease teeth grinding and the volume of the masseter muscle. The muscles under the skin contract when we frown, laugh or worry causing wrinkles. Botox injection temporarily weakens the muscles and thereby reduces the wrinkles and also decrease or stop the sweating by seat glands where injected.
In today’s market one can have a Botox injection in a variety of places: medical practices of all types from family practice to gynecologist, dentist, dermatologist and plastic surgery, etc.. In addition, many spas, private homes in form of Botox parties’ inviting a nurse practitioner or a doctor offering Botox injections.
To benefit the most from your Botox injection you need to pay attention to the following:
· The expertise, experience and an eye for perfection of the person injecting the Botulinum toxin A are important. Botox injection by itself is a simple procedure, but to identify exactly what muscles and how many units to inject or how deep to inject requires expertise and experience . Lack of accurate injection might result in droopy eyebrows, eyelids or an unnatural facial expression of surprised look.
· There is no “standard Botox injection” for everybody, it should be individualize for each person according to their need and strength of each muscle and anatomy of each patient. To have the best and consistent result from Botox injection, it is important that an accurate and precise chart is made for the patient recording the exact location of each injection and the amount injected, so that the plastic surgeon has an accurate guideline to adjust and improve the result for the next time or to obtain the same result.
· It might not be a good idea to go to different places for each injection every three to four months based on the lowest cost. The cost might be slightly less but it is unlikely that you can expect the optimal result or the same result each time.
· Allergan is the manufacturer of Botox Cosmetic which is shipped refrigerated to the physician’s office in the form of powder in a vacuum sealed vial. This powder is diluted in saline (salted water) in the physician’s office. The degree that the Botox is diluted and how many units are injected in each area is important. If more saline is added to the vial of Botox powder, the Botox is more diluted and for the same amount of injection less unit is injected, therefore the effect on the muscle is less effective.
· In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, Dr. A.H. Nezami, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon himself does the Botox injections. Our goal is to obtain consistently the best possible and the longest lasting result. According to Allergan representative, Dr. Nezami has the highest patient retention rate in the state of Florida. Each patient has his or her own chart accurately documented the exact location and the number on units of Botox injected at each site. In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center we dilute 1vial of powder in 1 ml of saline to have more concentrated product for more precise effect in the area injected. We work with Allergan rebate program; the rebate ranges from $25.00 to $75.00, In addition we offer $100.00 off for our first time Botox user. To see the cost break down at Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center click: http://www.ahnezami.com/botox-injections-jacksonville.
First and the most important step is to select the right Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon: Choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Verify the surgeon’s surgical experiences and years in practice (longer in practice = more experience). Dr. Nezami at Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center has over 35 years experience.
Look at the plastic surgeon’s before and after photos of Breast Augmentation and other surgeries to see if he has an eye for aesthetic, beauty, proportion and symmetry.
The optimal outcome of the surgery depends on the skill of the surgeon, his meticulousness, his selection of the size, and the type of the implant and placement of the implant to give you the best possible result with no complication. It is far better if the surgeon does not rush through surgery. Rushing the surgery and cutting corners will increase the risk of putting the patient through more surgery for corrections and revisions. Read patients testimonials and try to observe how the plastic surgeon conducts the consultation: Did he spend time to explain all that you need to know before breast enlargement? Did he examine you and discuss with you your particular case and what would give you the best possible breast enhancement? First read our Blog: “Your first visit to a Plastic Surgeon’s Office: What you should know, what to expect and what questions to ask”.
This blog will cover the relevant questions to ask and the important points that you need to pay attention to at your first breast enhancement consultation.
Discuss clearly your expectations of breast implant surgery with your plastic surgeon so he can advise you on what is obtainable and what part of your expectation will not be materialized due to your own anatomy. Each person’s anatomy is unique and has an important role in the outcome of the breast enlargement surgery. For example, if your breasts are far apart from each other, you may not be able to have the cleavage that you thought you would have after your breast enhancement surgery if the breast implants are placed under the muscle and you already have separation. Having a realistic expectation will prevent disappointment after the breast implant surgery. Size of the implants: In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, your first breast enlargement consultation with Dr. Nezami will take a minimum of 30 to 45 minutes. During that breast augmentation consultation Dr. Nezami will carefully listen to the patient to understand her goals and expectations from her breast enlargement surgery. He then examines the patient to assess their specific anatomy and often does some measurements to determine the best size , style and profile of the implant for that patient. Most patients already have an idea about the size of their implants. In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center we provide implant sizers, and give our patient various bras for them to try on. This will give the patient a better idea about the size of the implants they would like to have. Some patients need more time to choose, we welcome them to come back with a friend or spouse, and try different sizes in a variety of clothing and spend as much time as they need to make their selection of the size of the implants. Type of the Breast Implants:
There are different implant profiles available from low profile to very high profile implants. Once you select the size of you implant, Dr Nezami will select the profile suited for you depending on your anatomy. We often see at Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center patients that have their breast augmentation done somewhere else and have implants that are too wide and extend under their arm.
There are two types of breast implants; saline filled breast implants and silicone gel- filled breast implants. Dr. Nezami wrote a blog: “Breast Augmentation with Saline or Silicone Implants, explaining differences between saline & silicone implants”. If you are thin or have minimal amount of breast tissue, Dr. Nezami will recommend silicone implants to decrease the chance of rippling.
There are two major manufacturers of the implants, Allergan and Mentor. There is very little difference between their Breast implants. At Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, the patient is given a silicone implant and a saline breast implant to touch and feel the difference between a saline implant and silicone breast implant. Saline filled breast implants can be used by an 18 year old woman, whereas for silicone gel filled implants the minimum required age is 22 years old. Breast enlargement Incisions:
There are four different locations of incisions. At Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Nezami with over 35 years of experience in breast augmentation surgery will advise our patient which technique is best for them. In most cases, Dr. Nezami makes the incision for breast enlargement under the breast since the scar is hidden under the breast. Placement of the Breast Implants:
Breast implants can be placed over or under pectoral muscles. To place implants under the muscle is more tasking on the surgeon but the feel and the look will be more natural. However, for certain patients because of their anatomy, the plastic surgeon will opt to place the implants over the muscle. Your overall Health:
Your plastic surgeon will ask you all the relevant questions regarding your general health and review your past medical history and make sure that you are a good candidate for the surgery and anesthesia.
Preparation for the surgery and post operation Recovery:
At Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center all the questions related to pre and post operation care are explained in detail at the pre-op visit. All the pertinent information that you need to know for the pre-op and post-op breast enlargement surgery will be covered in detail in our future blog. Contact our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center for any question. Questions to ask your Plastic Surgeon: • Where will my surgery be performed? Is the facility accredited and inspected. Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facility Inc.
• How long will the surgery take? You certainly do not want your surgery to be rushed. On average a breast augmentation surgery should take 1-2 hours. At Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center breast augmentation operation performed by Dr. Nezami usually takes about 2 hours. He is very meticulous and perfectionist and uses implant sizer during the operation for accurate and symmetrical pocket formation where the final breast implant will be placed and to assess if the implant selected will give the patient the best possible result. He believes it is worth spending more time to obtain the best possible result with no complications than rushing which could increase risk of complications and need for revisions.
• Who administers the anesthesia? Is an M.D. anesthesiologist, or the plastic surgeon himself or a nurse anesthetist? In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center we use only Board Certified M.D. anesthesiologist.
• Will you be able to contact and talk to your plastic surgeon who did your surgery and who will do your follow up after the surgery? At Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Nezami is always available and will do all the post-op follow-ups. Complications of Breast Implants: Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure and there are possible complications that you should be aware. Your plastic surgeon should go over all the complications with you. So you can make an informed decision whether or not you are ready to proceed with your breast implants surgery. Ask your surgeon about how often he sees complications after his breast augmentation surgeries? If your plastic surgeon is skilled, experienced, meticulous and careful, and your surgery is not rushed, the rate of the post-op breast implant complications should be very low and rare. In our future blog, we will discuss all the possible complications of breast augmentation with implant and enhancement surgery. Cost of the Breast Enlargement: All the charges should be clearly explained to you and given to you in writing. Some practices quote just the surgical fee for the plastic surgeon. Some practices use M.D. anesthesiologist which is safer, but the charge is higher than those using a nurse anesthetist. The charge for saline implants is lower than silicone implants.
All the charges for breast enlargement quoted by Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, include Dr. Nezami’s surgical fee, the charge for an M.D. anesthesiologist, operating room charges, supplies and follow ups. In some cases, Dr. Nezami requires lab work, which will be an additional $45.00 to $60.00 charge. After you concluded your first consultation with your plastic surgeon, you ought to be able to answer to the following questions:
•Were you able to develop the necessary level of trust with your plastic surgeon to move forward with your breast enhancement procedure?
•Did your plastic surgeon spend as much time as you needed to answer all your questions? Or did you felt rushed? This step is an important indication on how your actual surgery will be undertaken. Will your plastic surgeon spend as much time as required to reach the best possible result, or will the surgery be rushed?
•Have you been shown a sufficient number of before and after photos of breast implant surgeries done by your cosmetic surgeon?
•Did your plastic surgeon discuss all the possible risks and complications of breast implant surgery with you? Although complications are rare, breast enlargement is an elective surgery; you need to know the complications before making your choice.
•Did you asked how often your plastic surgeon encountered complications and had to make revisions in the past?
•Did you feel pressured into scheduling your surgery?
•Was the fact that you were well informed and had done your homework to learn about the procedure welcomed by your plastic surgeon? What happens after your breast enlargement consultation? In our practice at Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center you will never be pressured to schedule your surgery the same day after your first breast enhancement consultation. But if all your questions were answered and you feel comfortable with your plastic surgeon’s explanation, surgical ability and you liked his before and after photos of breast augmentation and enlargement surgery, you may schedule your surgery that day or call later. You may even return with a friend or spouse and try again different sizer implants or talk to Dr. Nezami if you have more question.
Although both types of implants are similar in appearance when placed on the table, the saline implants and silicone implants are very different.
The outer shells of saline or silicone implants are made of silicone. The saline implant has an injection port from where the saline solution (sterile salt water solution) is injected by the surgeon during the procedure. The silicone implant is pre-filled by the manufacturer.
Saline and silicone implants are available in different sizes and profiles. For each size saline breast implant, there is a minimum and maximum fill volume set by the manufacturer. Therefore, the surgeon can go up or down with the volume of the saline, but the volume of silicone breast implant cannot be changed.
After implantation of saline or silicone implants the body forms a scar tissue around the implant (like another cover), this is called “Capsule”. Read more »
Jacksonville Botox Blog Provided by A.H. Nezami, MD. of Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, PA.
Botox is a product called Botulinum toxin, when injected into the muscle reduces the muscle’s activities that cause crease lines. The product is shipped refrigerated to the physician’s office in form of powder. The vial of Botox contain 100 units, the powder is dissolved in saline solution. In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center practice, we dissolve 1 vial of Botox in 1 cc of saline. This concentrated solution makes 100 units of Botox. If more saline is added to the vial of powder Botox for reconstitution, the Botox is more diluted and the effect on the muscle is less for the same amount of cc. injected, or if more cc injected then the effect could be more spread out to the adjacent muscle that we do not want to affect. After the injection patient will see relaxation of the muscles and a reduction of wrinkles in 4 to 5 days. The effect of Botox injection will typically last 3 to 4 months. Repeated injections of Botox, over time weaken the injected muscles. After Botox injection normal activity can be resumed immediately, no recovery time is needed.
Although any medical doctors specialized or not, dentists, physician assistants and nurse practitioners are authorized to administer Botox, to get better and more consistent result it is wise to have the injection done by a plastic surgeon who has experience in the technique and knowledge of the anatomy and function of the musculature and has also a sense of aesthetic result that you want to obtain. Remember Jacksonville, Botox injection is not like any other injection. The injection has to be in a correct location, appropriate depth, and adequate amount of concentrated Botox to achieve the best aesthetic and lasting result and prevent the appearance of frozen face. The physician should be able to assess the strength of the muscle in each patient in order to administer the correct amount of Botox. Otherwise the result may not last or if it is diluted it may spread and cause other muscle weakness like eyebrow or upper eyelid droopiness.
Welcome to the Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center Blog
Dr. AH Nezami is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, serving Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach and Ponte Vedra since 1981. Dr. Nezami is well known in the community for providing the most natural looking results.
Our surgery suite is located in the Howard building at the Baptist Medical Center Complex (map).
Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center
A.H. Nezami, M.D.
Baptist Medical Center
820 Prudential Drive Suite 702
Jacksonville, FL 32207
Dr. A.H. Nezami is a Florida board certified Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon serving the Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach & Ponte Vedra communities. Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center covers the entire range of cosmetic & plastic surgeries including breast enlargement, breast lift, breast reduction, male breast reduction, face lift, forehead lift, rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, liposuction, tummy tuck, body contouring, Botox® injections, filler injections, laser hair removal, skin care, permanent make up, IPL photo rejuvenation, Rosacea treatment and more. | Financing Information | Practice Privacy Notice | Contact | Sitemap