Jacksonville plastic surgery expert Dr. A.H. Nezami has spent more than 30 years helping people to address concerns they have about their bodies, faces, and breasts. He applies his extensive experience to modern techniques, giving each patient a customized procedure designed to boost comfort, self image, and confidence.
While his goal is to deliver unparalleled aesthetic results efficiently and safely, his approach has yielded something more. At the outset of 2016, Dr. Nezami received word from the American Institute of Plastic Surgeons that he was nominated as one of the “10 Best Plastic Surgeons for Florida for Patient Satisfaction.” He accepted the nomination in early February.
To qualify for this plastic surgery industry honor, he had to receive a formal nomination from the institute, his patients, or another plastic surgeon; achieve the highest professional degree possible in his field; and have, in the words of the institute, an “impeccable patient satisfaction rating.” Read more about it here.
Almost simultaneously, Dr. Nezami, who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, was selected by the International Association of HealthCare Professionals as a top plastic surgeon in Jacksonville for 2015-2016. This distinction is enjoyed by doctors with a record of success and leadership in plastic surgery. Read more about him in The Leading Physicians in the World.
While the accolades are an obvious honor, Dr. Nezami does not practice plastic surgery for the recognition, but to help his patients achieve their goals.
Call (904) 399-5061 to learn more about Dr. A.H. Nezami, his work in Jacksonville, the plastic surgery options available at the Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, and more. You can also visit the home page at ahnezami.com.
Today’s patients enjoy powerful research capabilities via the internet—they can access an entire market, locating the best available choices in any industry. This uncurated deluge of information can become overwhelming. Based on our thirty years of practice in cosmetic surgery, we recommend the following steps on how to use Google and other search engines to best advantage:
1. Do a Google search for “Jacksonville abdominoplasty ” and ” Jacksonville Tummy Tuck”. Plan to investigate at least 5-10 practices.
2. Go directly to each surgeon’s abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) before and after photos. Each practice should display at least a dozen before and after photos. Plastic surgeons are proud of their work, and are eager to exhibit numerous before and after photos of their tummy tuck surgeries. Therefore, one should exercise caution with a practice that exhibits only one or two before and after photos. (The only exception is facelift, as fewer facelift patients are willing to show their faces on the internet and they want to remain anonymous. The documentation of body procedures is a more anonymous process, and therefore encourages satisfied patients to share their experiences in order to help others make informed decisions).
3. Understand that the first surgical practices to appear in a Google search are simply the practices with the best search engine optimization (SEO) consultants. This has nothing to do with their quality of care, surgical expertise, products, or experience.
4. After narrowing your search to include the top five practices exhibiting the best before and after tummy tuck photos, read patient testimonials. Satisfied patients go into detail about their tummy tuck or other cosmetic surgery experience. They will speak about their relationship with their plastic surgeon, staff, accessibility, their own recovery, etc. This step should narrow your choices to the surgical practices with the most positive patient testimonials.
6. Research your prospective doctor’s online reviews. After narrowing your search to two or three excellent plastic surgeons who excel at the tummy tuck procedure, make in-person appointments at each office. At these appointments, explain your objectives and concerns. Evaluate the doctor’s level of concern and interaction, and establish that he will answer all your questions. He should thoroughly explain the surgery and help you manage and frame your expectations. A confident surgeon will never make you feel rushed; he clearly and transparently explains your financial obligations. An excellent practice is completely supported by its helpful, informative, and courteous staff.
7. Digest what you have learned. Allow yourself a few days to make your best decision in selecting an exceptional plastic surgeon for your tummy tuck procedure.
Over time, most of us develop furrows and wrinkles on our forehead and between our eyebrows that gives us an angry look. The good news is that there is a simple and very effective treatment for it. Botox injections have been administrated safely for more than ten years. Botox injections weaken the muscles causing the wrinkles to soften or disappear.
In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, Dr. Nezami carefully evaluates the facial muscles that need to be treated and he develops a specific program for the patient. Each patient has his or her own chart and a Botox injection sheet where the exact point of injections and number of units is carefully recorded. The results obtained and adjustments needed are carefully written down on patient’s chart. The exact charting is essential to refer to in obtaining the same excellent result each time. In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, we are interested in maintaining a long term relationship with our patients by providing excellent result.
Dr. Nezami performs the Botox injection himself. The procedure takes 15 minutes. The Botox injection does not need anesthesia or sedation. The discomfort is minimal. The effect of the Botox injection is visible 4-7 days after injection and it will last 3 to 4 months. In order to prevent bruising, we ask our patients to avoid taking aspirin, ibuprofen or any anti-inflammatory medication 10 days before their Botox injection.
To see additional before and after photo, visit our Botox gallery.
Cost of Botox Injection: In Jacksonville market the price of Botox is quoted between $8.00 to $16.00 per unit. In order to make an informed decision and adequate comparison patients need to ask the following questions:
• Who performs the injection: a Board certified Plastic Surgeon, a nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or other specialty physician.
• How many units are injected?
• Dilution of botulinum toxin A with normal saline is an important factor in the pricing of Botox injections. Too much dilution will reduce the concentration of the product and the effects will be more spread out and could affect other muscles.
Botox injection has become one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Botox injection has no downtime, the effect can be seen in 4 to 7 days and is relatively painless. Botox is primarily used on frown lines, crow’s feet, laugh lines, forehead lines and pebble chin or to reduce sweating under armpits. It can be also used to decrease teeth grinding and the volume of the masseter muscle. The muscles under the skin contract when we frown, laugh or worry causing wrinkles. Botox injection temporarily weakens the muscles and thereby reduces the wrinkles and also decrease or stop the sweating by seat glands where injected.
In today’s market one can have a Botox injection in a variety of places: medical practices of all types from family practice to gynecologist, dentist, dermatologist and plastic surgery, etc.. In addition, many spas, private homes in form of Botox parties’ inviting a nurse practitioner or a doctor offering Botox injections.
To benefit the most from your Botox injection you need to pay attention to the following:
· The expertise, experience and an eye for perfection of the person injecting the Botulinum toxin A are important. Botox injection by itself is a simple procedure, but to identify exactly what muscles and how many units to inject or how deep to inject requires expertise and experience . Lack of accurate injection might result in droopy eyebrows, eyelids or an unnatural facial expression of surprised look.
· There is no “standard Botox injection” for everybody, it should be individualize for each person according to their need and strength of each muscle and anatomy of each patient. To have the best and consistent result from Botox injection, it is important that an accurate and precise chart is made for the patient recording the exact location of each injection and the amount injected, so that the plastic surgeon has an accurate guideline to adjust and improve the result for the next time or to obtain the same result.
· It might not be a good idea to go to different places for each injection every three to four months based on the lowest cost. The cost might be slightly less but it is unlikely that you can expect the optimal result or the same result each time.
· Allergan is the manufacturer of Botox Cosmetic which is shipped refrigerated to the physician’s office in the form of powder in a vacuum sealed vial. This powder is diluted in saline (salted water) in the physician’s office. The degree that the Botox is diluted and how many units are injected in each area is important. If more saline is added to the vial of Botox powder, the Botox is more diluted and for the same amount of injection less unit is injected, therefore the effect on the muscle is less effective.
· In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, Dr. A.H. Nezami, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon himself does the Botox injections. Our goal is to obtain consistently the best possible and the longest lasting result. According to Allergan representative, Dr. Nezami has the highest patient retention rate in the state of Florida. Each patient has his or her own chart accurately documented the exact location and the number on units of Botox injected at each site. In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center we dilute 1vial of powder in 1 ml of saline to have more concentrated product for more precise effect in the area injected. We work with Allergan rebate program; the rebate ranges from $25.00 to $75.00, In addition we offer $100.00 off for our first time Botox user. To see the cost break down at Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center click: http://www.ahnezami.com/botox-injections-jacksonville.
First and the most important step is to select the right Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon: Choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Verify the surgeon’s surgical experiences and years in practice (longer in practice = more experience). Dr. Nezami at Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center has over 35 years experience.
Look at the plastic surgeon’s before and after photos of Breast Augmentation and other surgeries to see if he has an eye for aesthetic, beauty, proportion and symmetry.
The optimal outcome of the surgery depends on the skill of the surgeon, his meticulousness, his selection of the size, and the type of the implant and placement of the implant to give you the best possible result with no complication. It is far better if the surgeon does not rush through surgery. Rushing the surgery and cutting corners will increase the risk of putting the patient through more surgery for corrections and revisions. Read patients testimonials and try to observe how the plastic surgeon conducts the consultation: Did he spend time to explain all that you need to know before breast enlargement? Did he examine you and discuss with you your particular case and what would give you the best possible breast enhancement? First read our Blog: “Your first visit to a Plastic Surgeon’s Office: What you should know, what to expect and what questions to ask”.
This blog will cover the relevant questions to ask and the important points that you need to pay attention to at your first breast enhancement consultation.
Discuss clearly your expectations of breast implant surgery with your plastic surgeon so he can advise you on what is obtainable and what part of your expectation will not be materialized due to your own anatomy. Each person’s anatomy is unique and has an important role in the outcome of the breast enlargement surgery. For example, if your breasts are far apart from each other, you may not be able to have the cleavage that you thought you would have after your breast enhancement surgery if the breast implants are placed under the muscle and you already have separation. Having a realistic expectation will prevent disappointment after the breast implant surgery. Size of the implants: In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, your first breast enlargement consultation with Dr. Nezami will take a minimum of 30 to 45 minutes. During that breast augmentation consultation Dr. Nezami will carefully listen to the patient to understand her goals and expectations from her breast enlargement surgery. He then examines the patient to assess their specific anatomy and often does some measurements to determine the best size , style and profile of the implant for that patient. Most patients already have an idea about the size of their implants. In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center we provide implant sizers, and give our patient various bras for them to try on. This will give the patient a better idea about the size of the implants they would like to have. Some patients need more time to choose, we welcome them to come back with a friend or spouse, and try different sizes in a variety of clothing and spend as much time as they need to make their selection of the size of the implants. Type of the Breast Implants:
There are different implant profiles available from low profile to very high profile implants. Once you select the size of you implant, Dr Nezami will select the profile suited for you depending on your anatomy. We often see at Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center patients that have their breast augmentation done somewhere else and have implants that are too wide and extend under their arm.
There are two types of breast implants; saline filled breast implants and silicone gel- filled breast implants. Dr. Nezami wrote a blog: “Breast Augmentation with Saline or Silicone Implants, explaining differences between saline & silicone implants”. If you are thin or have minimal amount of breast tissue, Dr. Nezami will recommend silicone implants to decrease the chance of rippling.
There are two major manufacturers of the implants, Allergan and Mentor. There is very little difference between their Breast implants. At Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, the patient is given a silicone implant and a saline breast implant to touch and feel the difference between a saline implant and silicone breast implant. Saline filled breast implants can be used by an 18 year old woman, whereas for silicone gel filled implants the minimum required age is 22 years old. Breast enlargement Incisions:
There are four different locations of incisions. At Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Nezami with over 35 years of experience in breast augmentation surgery will advise our patient which technique is best for them. In most cases, Dr. Nezami makes the incision for breast enlargement under the breast since the scar is hidden under the breast. Placement of the Breast Implants:
Breast implants can be placed over or under pectoral muscles. To place implants under the muscle is more tasking on the surgeon but the feel and the look will be more natural. However, for certain patients because of their anatomy, the plastic surgeon will opt to place the implants over the muscle. Your overall Health:
Your plastic surgeon will ask you all the relevant questions regarding your general health and review your past medical history and make sure that you are a good candidate for the surgery and anesthesia.
Preparation for the surgery and post operation Recovery:
At Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center all the questions related to pre and post operation care are explained in detail at the pre-op visit. All the pertinent information that you need to know for the pre-op and post-op breast enlargement surgery will be covered in detail in our future blog. Contact our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center for any question. Questions to ask your Plastic Surgeon: • Where will my surgery be performed? Is the facility accredited and inspected. Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facility Inc.
• How long will the surgery take? You certainly do not want your surgery to be rushed. On average a breast augmentation surgery should take 1-2 hours. At Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center breast augmentation operation performed by Dr. Nezami usually takes about 2 hours. He is very meticulous and perfectionist and uses implant sizer during the operation for accurate and symmetrical pocket formation where the final breast implant will be placed and to assess if the implant selected will give the patient the best possible result. He believes it is worth spending more time to obtain the best possible result with no complications than rushing which could increase risk of complications and need for revisions.
• Who administers the anesthesia? Is an M.D. anesthesiologist, or the plastic surgeon himself or a nurse anesthetist? In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center we use only Board Certified M.D. anesthesiologist.
• Will you be able to contact and talk to your plastic surgeon who did your surgery and who will do your follow up after the surgery? At Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Nezami is always available and will do all the post-op follow-ups. Complications of Breast Implants: Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure and there are possible complications that you should be aware. Your plastic surgeon should go over all the complications with you. So you can make an informed decision whether or not you are ready to proceed with your breast implants surgery. Ask your surgeon about how often he sees complications after his breast augmentation surgeries? If your plastic surgeon is skilled, experienced, meticulous and careful, and your surgery is not rushed, the rate of the post-op breast implant complications should be very low and rare. In our future blog, we will discuss all the possible complications of breast augmentation with implant and enhancement surgery. Cost of the Breast Enlargement: All the charges should be clearly explained to you and given to you in writing. Some practices quote just the surgical fee for the plastic surgeon. Some practices use M.D. anesthesiologist which is safer, but the charge is higher than those using a nurse anesthetist. The charge for saline implants is lower than silicone implants.
All the charges for breast enlargement quoted by Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, include Dr. Nezami’s surgical fee, the charge for an M.D. anesthesiologist, operating room charges, supplies and follow ups. In some cases, Dr. Nezami requires lab work, which will be an additional $45.00 to $60.00 charge. After you concluded your first consultation with your plastic surgeon, you ought to be able to answer to the following questions:
•Were you able to develop the necessary level of trust with your plastic surgeon to move forward with your breast enhancement procedure?
•Did your plastic surgeon spend as much time as you needed to answer all your questions? Or did you felt rushed? This step is an important indication on how your actual surgery will be undertaken. Will your plastic surgeon spend as much time as required to reach the best possible result, or will the surgery be rushed?
•Have you been shown a sufficient number of before and after photos of breast implant surgeries done by your cosmetic surgeon?
•Did your plastic surgeon discuss all the possible risks and complications of breast implant surgery with you? Although complications are rare, breast enlargement is an elective surgery; you need to know the complications before making your choice.
•Did you asked how often your plastic surgeon encountered complications and had to make revisions in the past?
•Did you feel pressured into scheduling your surgery?
•Was the fact that you were well informed and had done your homework to learn about the procedure welcomed by your plastic surgeon? What happens after your breast enlargement consultation? In our practice at Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center you will never be pressured to schedule your surgery the same day after your first breast enhancement consultation. But if all your questions were answered and you feel comfortable with your plastic surgeon’s explanation, surgical ability and you liked his before and after photos of breast augmentation and enlargement surgery, you may schedule your surgery that day or call later. You may even return with a friend or spouse and try again different sizer implants or talk to Dr. Nezami if you have more question.
Based on the past 31 years experience in Jacksonville, our analysis of what the patients need to know during their first visit with their cosmetic surgeon is summarized in this blog. In our future blogs we will walk you through important things that should be covered in your pre-operative visit, surgery and follow-ups for each cosmetic procedure.
Patients that do their homework before coming to a cosmetic surgeon’s office usually benefit the most from their consultation with their cosmetic surgeon. They already know the relevant questions to ask, in addition to the questions typical to their own particular case.
When you walk into a plastic surgeon’s office, you will be ask to complete a patient information form and tell about your health and past medical and surgical history and your current medications. However, there are little nuances that can tell you something about the type of practice. The setting of the office is relevant; you can assess if you feel more of an atmosphere of a business office or a private plastic surgery practice. How you are first greeted and invited to the examining room will be an indication of the quality of the staff and the type of service that you can expect after your surgery.
Remember the purpose of your first visit is not only to learn about your procedure of interest and whether or not you are the right candidate for the procedure. Also at this time you will be able to assess your plastic surgeon to see if you feel comfortable with him or her. Thus you must meet the doctor and speak at length with him and not the patient coordinator. Remember cosmetic surgery is an elective surgery; you should be absolutely comfortable with the selection of your plastic surgeon. The surgeon should first ask you about your area of concern and the improvement that you are seeking, then a complete and detailed examination must be done to assess your area of concern. The surgeon then should explain the procedure that is best suited for you to obtain the best possible and most natural result. The surgeon should explain to you the procedure, possible complication and expected result and not only what you like to hear, in order to close the sale. He should show you some before and after photo. The photos are very important to assess the quality of his work. It is helpful to know the number of complications if any the surgeon has had in the past, and to know how much experience the surgeon has had with your procedure of interest.
Your first consultation is your only opportunity to assess your surgeon. You will have a good feeling if your doctor is taking enough time to answer all of your questions. Is he explaining all the pros and cons of the surgery, does he appear to you as a meticulous and detail oriented surgeon? Are you rushed through your consultation? Remember there are no questions that you should feel intimidated to ask. Cosmetic surgery is an elective surgery and you are entitled to know everything that you feel you need in order to make your decision.
The next step is the charge of your surgery. All the charges should be clearly explained and given to you in a written form. It is best not to have any surprises at the time of surgery or afterward.
Cosmetic surgery is not only a surgical technique; it is an art, a very precise art. Every detail is very important and should not be rushed. It is also a surgery and should be done the safest possible way in an accredited facility that has easy access to a major hospital.
Surgery is an irreversible procedure and the attempt to correct it is costly. It is in your best interest to take your time and find the right plastic surgeon with years of practice and experience.
It is wise to select a plastic surgeon that is board certified by American Board of Plastic Surgery and not a cosmetic surgeon who may be board certified in different specialty. There are other type of physicians that practice as “cosmetic surgeon” and even advertise as “board certified”, but they are certified for different specialty such as family practice, dermatology, dentistry and oral surgery and not plastic surgery
An article written by Jamie Lober, photography by Mario Peralta in the January/February 2011 issue of Jacksonville Luxury Livingmagazine.
Dr. A.H. Nezami of Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center is catching the eyes of women nationwide through his stellar website filled with natural looking results.
After being schooled at the Paris School of Medicine, Nezami came to the United States to complete his residency under the two founders of plastic surgery in Jacksonville, Drs. Morgan and Kaye. Morgan was so impressed with Nezami’s work that he asked him to join his practice. And when Kaye retired, he trusted all of his patients to Nezami. “He thought this was a good opportunity, and when we fell in love with Jacksonville, we decided to stay here and practice here permanently,” said Homa Nezami, the doctor’s wife and office manager.
Now in practice for 30 years as one of the most respected plastic surgeons, Nezami always saw the day coming that he would enhance breasts, bodies, faces and skin. Since he was young, he enjoyed building things and doing delicate work with his hands. When asked how his practice is set apart from the rest, the answer was quite simple. “It is just me [the physician] that makes us stand out,” said Nezami. He is in the office almost every day and takes credit for all of the results. Though he said there are little tricks to the trade, he chose not to reveal them and explained that you have to have an eye for it. “You cannot teach plastic surgery to somebody overnight,” he said.
The best possible results are achieved by this talented doctor tailoring the procedure to the patient in the safest way possible — and being connected to the hospital adds an additional sense of safety and security for patients. The idea is not just for the patient to select the procedure, but also for the plastic surgeon to select the patient. Patients are not always suitable for the procedure and may have the wrong expectations. “We make sure the patient really needs and wants it, that it is the proper procedure, and then we get the result they want,” said Nezami.
Nezami prides himself on taking care of the patient from beginning to end. He does not use patient coordinators or physician assistants. “I think patients come to see me because of the result they saw I obtained, not because of my physician assistant or nurse,” said Nezami. Though he describes his staff as well-trained and able to handle a lot, Nezami rarely even leaves sutures to his nurse. “Patients want me to do it; otherwise, they would have gone to somebody else,” he said.
Patients are empowered with knowledge — they first come to the doctor for a consultation, which can take up to an hour, to talk about what they want to have done. Dr. Nezami then examines the area and explains what their options are for improvement. He shares pictures of patients before and after their procedures, and uses drawings to explain how the procedure is done. For example, for a prospective patient seeking breast enlargement, they would see the implants, be made aware of possible complications, and understand when they can expect to look good and be ready to go back to work. A second appointment is scheduled before surgery to see if the patient is prepared, needs any additional tests and to get remaining questions answered. “I want them to know how to take care of themselves before, during and after surgery and what to expect so they come in relaxed and know everything that is going to happen.”
The journey to self-improvement is embarked upon in an extremely comforting environment. “Our staff are caring, understanding and treat all patients as if they are family,” said Nezami. Nobody feels rushed, and when patients fill out comment cards to thank Nezami for taking care of them, they often mention his considerate staff as well.
Often patients have been bothered by a physical defect for a long time, then breathe a sigh of relief after seeing the improvement surgery brings. Nezami does not discriminate but especially likes when he feels the patient already looks good and is just improving upon that. “Anyone who wants to look better and has realistic expectations should come in,” said Nezami.
More often than not, Nezami’s results surpass the patient’s expectations, likely due to his personal care and attention to detail. He has been witness to many transformations as a result of his magical hands and powerful tools. “After a face-lift, patients’ attitudes change — they dress nicer, take care of their hair and face, and almost look like a different person because they see that improvement,” said Nezami. Every body part is enhanced with customized special care. “For breast augmentation, we see patients that come in with their shoulders down looking like they want to hide their small breasts, but once we have done surgery, they walk proud.”
The best plastic surgery is the kind that is unrecognizable, according to Nezami. “You want people to tell the patient that they look good, younger, more proportionate and refreshed,” he said. It comes down to knowing where to pull and how much, what the limits are, where to put the incisions and what to do underneath the skin so the face looks more natural — or how to select the proper size and shape of the breast implant so it goes with the patient’s body.
Nezami’s confidence is booming as he shares that he has never had complications, which usually go along with the territory. “They say if you do enough surgeries, you get complications, but I do not think that is true for me,” he said.
The best part of his job is he can make it seem that he has never had to work a day in his life. “I think my job is not really a job, it is a pleasure,” said the doctor. His results keep him going strong in what he calls an art in human dimensions. He loves that the patients are happy. “They do not have a disease or anything they have to take care of, they are just trying to improve.” In comparing himself to other doctors, Nezami likes his place. “When I have excellent results and happy patients, that makes me happy too.”
Patients look and feel better, have improved self-esteem, and are happier overall because of his expertise and compassion. Nezami is unique in the sense that he follows up with patients, which he said is unusual for a plastic surgeon. Patients who have breast enlargement are checked annually for problems or anything that can be detected early. Often, happy patients will come back for additional procedures or refer their friends. “A good percentage of the people of Jacksonville are in my population already,” said Nezami.
Aside from getting a consultation to learn more, Nezami recommends sun protection. “The sun does a lot of damage to skin, so you should put on sunblock half an hour before you go outside and not just wear a shield on your face.” If you have been contemplating a procedure and are looking for the right person to turn to, look no further than Dr. A.H. Nezami.
Although both types of implants are similar in appearance when placed on the table, the saline implants and silicone implants are very different.
The outer shells of saline or silicone implants are made of silicone. The saline implant has an injection port from where the saline solution (sterile salt water solution) is injected by the surgeon during the procedure. The silicone implant is pre-filled by the manufacturer.
Saline and silicone implants are available in different sizes and profiles. For each size saline breast implant, there is a minimum and maximum fill volume set by the manufacturer. Therefore, the surgeon can go up or down with the volume of the saline, but the volume of silicone breast implant cannot be changed.
After implantation of saline or silicone implants the body forms a scar tissue around the implant (like another cover), this is called “Capsule”. Read more »
Written by A.H. Nezami, MD of Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center for our patient in Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beaches and Ponte Vedra.
Dr. A.H. Nezami is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with 29 years of experience in private practice of plastic and cosmetic surgery in Jacksonville, in addition to his extensive training in general surgery and plastic surgery. He believes a well-informed patient and experienced plastic surgeon are prerequisite for successful outcomes of cosmetic surgery and a very happy patient.
It is common for patients from Jacksonville, Ponte Vedra to come to see us on consultation for liposuction, when in fact the Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) is the procedure they need, because they have excess skin and fat, poor skin elasticity and weakened abdominal wall muscles. Sometimes the reverse happens, we see patients for a tummy tuck, when they just need liposuction to remove the excess localized abdominal fat. This brought us to write “Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) and Liposuction Differences. Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Blog” for our patient fromJacksonville, Jacksonville Beaches, Ponte Vedra and from around the world.
Jacksonville Botox Blog Provided by A.H. Nezami, MD. of Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center, PA.
Botox is a product called Botulinum toxin, when injected into the muscle reduces the muscle’s activities that cause crease lines. The product is shipped refrigerated to the physician’s office in form of powder. The vial of Botox contain 100 units, the powder is dissolved in saline solution. In our Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center practice, we dissolve 1 vial of Botox in 1 cc of saline. This concentrated solution makes 100 units of Botox. If more saline is added to the vial of powder Botox for reconstitution, the Botox is more diluted and the effect on the muscle is less for the same amount of cc. injected, or if more cc injected then the effect could be more spread out to the adjacent muscle that we do not want to affect. After the injection patient will see relaxation of the muscles and a reduction of wrinkles in 4 to 5 days. The effect of Botox injection will typically last 3 to 4 months. Repeated injections of Botox, over time weaken the injected muscles. After Botox injection normal activity can be resumed immediately, no recovery time is needed.
Although any medical doctors specialized or not, dentists, physician assistants and nurse practitioners are authorized to administer Botox, to get better and more consistent result it is wise to have the injection done by a plastic surgeon who has experience in the technique and knowledge of the anatomy and function of the musculature and has also a sense of aesthetic result that you want to obtain. Remember Jacksonville, Botox injection is not like any other injection. The injection has to be in a correct location, appropriate depth, and adequate amount of concentrated Botox to achieve the best aesthetic and lasting result and prevent the appearance of frozen face. The physician should be able to assess the strength of the muscle in each patient in order to administer the correct amount of Botox. Otherwise the result may not last or if it is diluted it may spread and cause other muscle weakness like eyebrow or upper eyelid droopiness.
Welcome to the Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center Blog
Dr. AH Nezami is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, serving Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach and Ponte Vedra since 1981. Dr. Nezami is well known in the community for providing the most natural looking results.
Our surgery suite is located in the Howard building at the Baptist Medical Center Complex (map).
Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center
A.H. Nezami, M.D.
Baptist Medical Center
820 Prudential Drive Suite 702
Jacksonville, FL 32207
Dr. A.H. Nezami is a Florida board certified Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon serving the Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach & Ponte Vedra communities. Jacksonville Cosmetic Surgery Center covers the entire range of cosmetic & plastic surgeries including breast enlargement, breast lift, breast reduction, male breast reduction, face lift, forehead lift, rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, liposuction, tummy tuck, body contouring, Botox® injections, filler injections, laser hair removal, skin care, permanent make up, IPL photo rejuvenation, Rosacea treatment and more. | Financing Information | Practice Privacy Notice | Contact | Sitemap